How to Do a No-Makeup Makeup Look
Who would’ve ever thought we would be looking for a no makeup makeup look? Working from home in a pandemic has challenged us in many ways but sacrificing our personal brand is not one of them!
What does a no makeup makeup look consist of? Well, think au-natural. Nude lips, nude palettes, mascara, highlighter and some tinted moisturizer. These products will make for a simple, nude makeup look and get you to your first meeting on time and looking fresh!
Here are some steps:
Prep Your Face for a Nude Makeup Look
- Wash your face and moisturize! I know this would probably go without saying but I have to admit, I sometimes forget myself. The importance of moisturizing comes from the need to prep the skin for makeup application and it also helps to prevent breakouts and any other skin issues.
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! If there is one thing that will make someone age quicker, it’s the sun! If you apply sunscreen then you will prevent wrinkles, discoloration, and any potential skin issues!
- Moisturize the lips! Sometimes people forget this one because...it’s just easy to. However, lips can get sunburnt too - so don’t forget to add your favorite lip balm to plump those babies up!
No Makeup Makeup Look
- First you want to start by combing through and brushing your eyebrows. You could fill in the brow with a brow pencil as needed and to get that fuller eyebrow look.
- Add tinted moisturizer or tinted sunscreen all over your face. This will give it the most natural effect.
- Add concealer to get rid of any bags under the eyelids. Consider using the “I am Magic Concealer” by Juvia’s Place to enhance the no makeup makeup look. Go back as needed and add onto any other blemishes that are visible.
- Add blush with your fingers or with a makeup brush on the apples of your cheeks. Consider dabbing upwards towards your cheekbone to give it a little more of a lift. Consider any of these blushes from Juvia’s Place.
- Add a small amount of highlighter to the high points of your face, cheekbones, a small amount on the inner corners of your eyes, under your brows and a small amount on the tip of your nose. Consider using any of Juvia’s Place highlighters.
- Add a tiny bit of powder to set the makeup under your eyes, your cheeks, above your lips and forehead. This will prevent your skin from developing an oily look. Consider any of these powders from Juvia’s Place.
- Add the slightest bit of mascara starting from the inner lashes and working your way to the outside lashes. This will add a nice lift to your eyes.
- Add a tiny bit of bronzer to your cheekbones, the outline of your nose, and a tiny bit on your eyelid crease to give your most prominent facial features just a little pop and structure.
- And for the final look, add a nude lip to complete the no makeup makeup look. You can do a glossy or matte look based on your preference. Our recommendation is glossy for going out and matte for staying indoors. Consider using the Nude velvety matte lipstick from Juvia’s Place or any nude lipsticks from the Juvia’s Place collection.
Voilà! The finished look. Now you can take on those zoom meetings!